MacFUSE Tech Demos from Amit Singh's Macworld 2007 Talk
In this a video, Amit Singh (mac developer in Google) demonstrates MacFUSE - MacOS X port of FUSE technology, that allows developers to quickly implement their own filesystems in user-space. The most exciting plugins for most Mac users are the sshfs and ntfs. Other exciting possibilities of MacFUSE are:
- ProcFS (process filesystem, which lets you get information about processes just by navigating a file hierarchy),
- rssfs (for browsing RSS feeds),
- SpotlightFS (instantly perform Spotlight queries simply by inputing your query as a directory),
- DocsFS (for browsing your Google documents and speadsheets),
- and even PicasaFS (for browsing and manipulating your Picaca Web albums).