LinuxConf.Au: Electronics with Linux
- list some of the open source tools for electronics development,
- describe the author's electronics design software environment, (what packages has he got installed),
- discuss the various means to fabricate printed circuit boards,
- show a few recent small-scale personal projects, such as the motion detecting night light or the doorbell pulse extender and event logger
- Relating to the OpenWRT project
- display and discuss car boot based wireless automatic offsite backup system, using OpenWRT, rsync, ssh, and a laptop hard drive,
- display Netrek server operating on an embedded router using OpenWRT,
- briefly describe the packaging constraints.
Relating to the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project:
- display and discuss two of the OLPC A-Test laptop boards,
- display and discuss three of the OLPC B-Test-1 laptops,
- discuss results of rural low noise testing.