JRuby: Power on the JVM
JRuby has gone from being an alternative to MRI, to being the preferred way of working with Ruby in many situations. The perfomance, usability and integration with the Java platform makes JRuby more than just an alternative.
After this talk you will know:
- What JRuby is, and how it's implemented
- What performance optimizations JRuby uses
- Why you might want to use JRuby
- What people are using JRuby for
- What's new in the 1.1 release
- How you can get started with JRuby today
- Some cool things you can do with JRuby
Ola Bini is a Swedish developer currently working for ThoughtWorks. He has been one of the core developers for JRuby since 2006 and is the author of the APress book Practical JRuby on Rails. He has much experience with Java, Ruby and LISP, and has been working on a language called Ioke.
About the conference
QCon is a conference that is organized by the community, for the community.The result is a high quality conference experience where a tremendous amount of attention and investment has gone into having the best content on the most important topics presented by the leaders in our community. QCon is designed with the technical depth and enterprise focus of interest to technical team leads, architects, and project managers.