Meet the GIMP #19: Paaanoooraaamaaa! and a Challenge for You!
Joseph, also known as BlueMojo, has made a screenrecording about the panorama software Hugin. And of course I had to try it too!
I installed Hugin on Ubuntu 7.10 - I'll post some quirks I had to circumvert later. Then I went out on to my street and shot a series while I turned 360. I followed Josep's advice and set exposure, white balance and focus to manual.
Here are some links for you to explore:
- The files from Joseph and me for download are linked in the next post. There is a feed problem.
- The Hugin project homepage.
- Wikipedia entry about panoramas with some excellent examples. Including the chinese drawing from the show.
- A blog entry about shooting panoramas on a site about linux and photography. The blog is worth to explore and there is more to come.
- Edit: A tutorial about Hugin on the same site.
- A list of all the Lottofeen in the German TV.
00:30 Chinese panoramic paintings
05:10 - field of view and focal length
06:36 - projections
09:45 Pictures of Bremen
14:40 Panorama Challenge
16:30 the End
TOC made by paynekj